This pandemic has changed traditional classrooms to online classrooms. This caused a significant transformation in the education industry. The education has moved from offline to online learning. Both students and teachers needed some time to adjust to the rapid switch to the visual mode. However, since the virtual classroom was the only way to communicate with the students, it became essential for both teachers and students to get familiar with online learning.
At this point, the value of good manners in an online classroom became apparent. These etiquette guidelines support the efficient operation of online learning for both students and professors
What is the importance of following Protocols in the Online Teaching Setup?
As we know students are compelled to follow the rules in traditional classrooms. However, when traditional classrooms are replaced with online classrooms providing a home-like atmosphere, the possibility of confusion arises. As a result, new procedures must be established. To set the speed of teaching-learning, expectations, and protocols must be established from the start.
A classroom should be a safe and secure environment for students to express and share ideas. However, internet debates may easily lead to disputes, sometimes quite unpleasant ones. Inclusivity must be preserved, and the classroom's sanctity as a space for intellectual dialogue must be protected.
Virtual learning strives to improve the teaching-learning process and meet students' learning needs. However, in order to attain these goals smoothly, rules or protocols for online teaching must be made and followed properly by the students and teachers.
Protocols to be Followed in Online Classrooms
Online education has enabled both students and professors to come to a location where they may stay and learn while being secure. However, parents' roles are now more important than ever. The online classroom manners apply not only to students and professors but also to parents. So, let us go through some of the rules that everyone involved with online classrooms should adhere to.
Rules to be followed by StudentsThe students must follow the following rules in the online classes:
- A suitable place: A suitable location for an online lesson should allow a student to feel at ease while studying and understanding. The setting should be tidy, non-distracting, with a neutral background and be silent.
- Avoid multitasking: In order to be an engaged and excellent learner, students must be focused on what is being taught. As a result, kids should refrain from doing anything else on the internet. It may be distracting, and there may be some miscommunication.
- Use good language: Students should use proper and respectful language while talking verbally and in writing. Over visual engagement, writing in CAPS and making a joke appears disrespectful. Facial expressions and tone of voice can reveal how you connect with people.
- Be punctual: When using an online platform, students should be on time because the class can only begin when all students are present. As a result, pupils should be prepared according to the timetable by setting reminders at the specified time.
- Be present and completely participate: Being present does not imply simply attending the class. The screen and the material shown on it should be visible to the pupil. The learner must pay attention, offer his thoughts, and take notes on what he considers significant. This aids in the development of an engaged learner.
Rules to be followed by TeachersTeachers must follow the following rules in the online classes:
- Choose a distraction-free environment: A teacher should conduct classes in a distraction-free and noise-free environment. When there is no distraction such as TV sound, outdoor noise, or incoming calls as students may find it difficult to concentrate.
- Online and dressed formally: In order to start the class on time, the instructor should be on time and dressed officially. This contributes to preserving class decorum.
- Clear visibility: The teacher should make certain that everything that is displayed is visible to the students. The laptop screen may be used appropriately so that it is steady and learners can view and understand the content.
- Be prepared and ready with teaching Material: The instructor should be well prepared with the topics he will be covering so that he can respond to questions from the students. Quick access to teaching aids saves time and ensures that what is being taught is understood.
Whether educating young children or college students, improved classroom management is essential for a positive learning experience. Learning may be made more productive by adhering to a set of norms and ethics. Online decorum is essential for everyone, whether they are students, professors, or parents. Protocol promotes the smooth operation of online classrooms while also increasing productivity in the classroom.
More Blogs related To This